London Combined Eleven

We have already seen one for Manchester, so why not London? The city is home to six of the current Premier League Clubs - namely Arsenal, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Tottenham and West Ham - and these will be the clubs I will be selecting from. With this abundance of potential players, please understand that it will be very unlikely that your and my team sheets look the same, and please feel free, therefore to politely leave your thoughts down below in the comments. Without further ado, let's get into the list.


Goalkeeper: Hugo Lloris

Goalkeeper is definitely the most evenly-matched position here, and I could honestly have gone for any of the other 5 shot-stoppers. However, I think Lloris is more experienced and dependable than the trio of Leno, Mendy and Areola, and simply of a slightly higher caliber when compared to Guaita or Fabiański. Another thing going in his favor is leadership abilities, but in reality, they are all very similar, and if this were an actual team it might come down to style of play compared to the rest of the team than anything else.

Left-Back: Kieran Tierney 
Left-back was nowhere near as hard as goalkeeper, but Chilwell, Cresswell and Reguilon are all good footballers. Robinson and van Aanholt have also not been bad, but I think Tierney is the standout player here. 

Left Centre-Back: Antonio Rüdiger 
In the two centre-back roles there were no easy picks. Rüdiger ended up in my final two out of a pool that involved: Rüdiger, Silva, Zouma, Gabriel, Cahill and many other players. In the end I decided that Rüdiger deserves a place in this team, although I'm sure Super Frank would not agree. Then again, I have never been fired from a Premier League managerial role. I also really like to watch Rüdiger, largely because of his rather unusual, almost Sterling-esc running style.

Right Centre-Back: Thiago Silva 
Making the centre-back partnership exclusively from Chelsea, I think Thiago Silva is past his best. However, his best was very good and even now I think he just squeezes in ahead of Zouma, Cahill, Gabriel, etc.

Right-Back: Hector Bellerin 
While both centre-backs are from Chelsea, on either side of them in the fullback positions it is Arsenal players who triumph. Bellerin had to beat out Reece James, Vladimir Coufal, Nathaniel Clyne, Ola Aina, Serge Aurier and Matt Doherty to take his position in this starting eleven.

Left Defensive-Midfielder: Tomáš Souček 
Defensive midfield really only had three competitors; Tomáš Souček and Declan Rice from West Ham and N'golo Kanté from Chelsea. I have watched quite a few West Ham games, and despite looking and moving like the second coming of Peter Crouch he, like Peter Crouch actually, is very good at football. I think the big Czech's form this season warrants him a starting place.

Right Defensive-Midfielder: N'golo Kanté 
I think Kanté is probably the best defensive midfielder living in London, and him being a seemingly nice guy also doesn't hurt when going up against the - um - less likeable Declan Rice. So he partners the taller and slower Souček unless he can convince me that Luka Milivojević is, in fact, the superior footballer.

Attacking Midfielder: Mason Mount 
Mason Mount is one of those weird cases where a footballer is both underrated and overrated. While Chelsea fans think he is the second coming of Christ, the next Frank Lampard, Aston Villa fans will swear he is Satan in disguise, with as much skill as a squashed banana. Everyone else falls somewhere in between. I tend to lean towards Chelsea fans' attitudes towards him, hence his inclusion in this eleven.

Left Wing: Son Heung-Min 
I was always pretty sure Son would play, but I was split between putting him on the left wing or in attacking midfield. In the end I put him on the left wing, where some of his competitors were: Aubameyang, Werner, Ziyech, etc. 

Centre-Forward: Harry Kane 
This was basically set in stone. While I do think Kane is a tad overrated, I still think Werner, Aubameyang and all the rest where never really going to beat Kane for a spot up front. And with two attacking wingers on either side and a brilliant attacking midfielder behind him, Kane can be given the free reign to roam around the pitch that he is often given nowadays at Tottenham.

Right Wing: Wilfried Zaha 
I always like to give you viewers one surprising decision, but to be honest I was really stumped on who to select. At first I was leaning towards starting Zaha because I don't yet have a player from Crystal Palace, but in the end I just let a random spinner wheel I found on Google choose between Zaha, Saka, Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic and Aubameyang. The wheel chose Zaha, so here he is.

Arsenal: Tierney and Bellerin (2)
Chelsea: Rüdiger, Silva, Kanté and Mount (4)
Crystal Palace: Zaha (1)
Fulham: n/a (0)
Tottenham: Lloris, Son and Kane (3)
West Ham: Souček (1)

There goes another post! I hope everyone enjoyed! Please comment below on what I should do next and what changes you would make to my starting eleven. Please share my blog with your friends and family and I'll see you all next time. Noah (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

Comments

  1. wait...
    no right wing?


    also i agree with LITERALLY everything here lol
    poor fulham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While Zaha does play predominantly as a left wing or centre forward, he has played on the right side of a front three or four as well

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Revised History of Ekrizdis, the Evilest Wizard Ever

Real Survivor: The Fox, the Bear, the Goat and the Bunny

Survivor 41 Cast: Most Similar Player - Part 2