Survivor 41: Final 6 Power Dynamics & SURVIVOR SCAM

We have reached the final 6 of Survivor 41, and I have seen certain incorrect analysis and other little issues I want to talk about recently on Survivor. I will start of by explaining the recent stunt done by Survivor in the most recent episode and will then predict the order of votes for the remainder of the season. Please leave your thoughts in the comments below, and without further ado let's head right in. 



SURVIVOR SCAM

I have watched and listened to a few people talking about the recent Do or Die twist, and have become extremely annoyed as a result. The reason? Everyone is saying the show should have explained the 1 in 3 shot at safety to the contestants. The issue here is that it was, in fact, a one in TWO shot. Why is no-one addressing this? Why is everyone talking about "one in three"? 

The reason is that Survivor manipulated it to look that way. We as an audience were told that only 1 of the three boxes provided safety, when in actual fact whether DeShawn chose the right box or not, they would have revealed one of the "Die" boxes, and given him a choice between the "Live" box and the "Die" box. In reality, there were only two options in a 50/50 game of chance. Re-watch the scene if you don't believe me and see that if DeShawn had picked, say, the box on the right, they would have revealed the middle one and given him the live or die choice, thereby making it a 50/50 rather than a 1 in 3.

The reason Survivor chose not to tell the contestants it was a 50/50 was to keep up the disguise, but logically they wouldn't have given DeShawn only a 1 in 3 shot as this was a suspense stunt they hoped would either send someone like Heather home or help a big player's CV, which is what it ultimately did. It was a gamble to excite the audience, and is another example of why this isn't really a new era, the old twists have stuck around, hopefully not for good. In my opinion one alliance dominating the game is still a better watch than this frantic game that doesn't really reward good players. Now it is time for the predicting of the remaining votes:




Number 6: Ricard

Ricard is going home, surely. Everyone except Heather has voiced concerns over keeping Ricard, and that is probably just because Heather never really has a chance to "voice" anything to the audience,, what with being purpled. "Next Time on Survivor" revealed Danny potentially finding an idol, Erica telling DeShawn she wants to keep him and Xander making some sort of pact with DeShawn. As Heather is a non-threat and Ricard is the complete opposite, his downfall is nigh. 



Number 5: Danny

Crucially DeShawn is the one making the dealings with other players, while Danny is the challenge threat. This means that even if DeShawn is more likely to win, which might not even be true, Danny is more likely to be taken out as the biggest threat to actually make final tribal. At a lot of points so far I have though he was a likely final-tribal loser, but I do think he will go out, whether it is because DeShawn turns on him or so that neither he nor DeShawn makes final tribal.



Number 4: DeShawn

The way I see it, Xander wins final immunity. He then puts either Erica (possibly) or himself (probably) up against DeShawn in fire making, although I hope that has been abolished. If so, DeShawn is voted out anyway as he is a huge threat and not a deciding alliance member. I am not sure he wins against Xander and Erica, but I do think it is likely and he will therefore  be taken out.



Number 3: Heather

If I had a gun to my head and was tasked with predicting who will make final tribal, Heather is my pick. If I had a gun to my head predicting who doesn't win, Heather is my pick. She is a complete goat, and what's more, she has often times been the goat's goat, with Erica herself often having been a goat.



Number 2: Erica

Ranking in the top 5 of the cast-aways I find most annoying, and ranking top 2 in the season, I do also think Erica will make it to the end. I do think she will get votes, which frustrates me as I don't really see her as having done much at all, but surely she won't manage to win. If it was final two, I could definitely see it but I don't see her winning in a final three.



Number 1: Xander 

Xander is a complicated example, as I think he has been incredibly smart and incredibly dumb on more than one occasion during the game. Ultimately though, he has been really good socially and physically, and will likely only be regarded as the third or fourth biggest threat to win, which should save him for a few votes. Overall he has been solid, and hasn't really burnt many bridges unlike many other players. I would prefer a DeShawn win, but Xander will be satisfying enough. 



So there we have it. What do you think about the twist, and who do you think will win? Please comment below, and I will be sure to answer or argue with you depending on whether or not I agree. I hope you enjoy, and I will see you guys next time. I will also attempt to alert Survivor youtuber "Once Upon An Island" about this post, and would be overjoyed if he were to give me a shout-out in a subsequent video. Noah  %

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Revised History of Ekrizdis, the Evilest Wizard Ever

Real Survivor: The Fox, the Bear, the Goat and the Bunny

Survivor 41 Cast: Most Similar Player - Part 2