Rating Every PL Clubs' 2021-22 Home Kit

While Burnley, Crystal Palace and Watford have not yet released their home kits, I am going to do this post I have been itching to make for quite long anyway. I'm going to be looking through the 2021/22 Home Kits and rating them from 1-10, with 5 being average. I have a feeling these kits are going to have an average of below 5, since quite a few are quite horrific. Despite this, however, I hope you enjoy.



Arsenal: 7

I like this kit, and only really have one major critique: those three dark blue lines on the shoulder and the dark-blue collar. Firstly, it looks like something Manchester United would do, and secondly, the color doesn't go with it do well. I think the shirt would need to be a darker shade of red for it to work. Other than that though, pretty nice kit. 


Aston Villa: 2
The pattern looks like something I would make if I was told to draw the pattern on a Scottish Kilt from memory. It looks like they ran out of blue for the sleeves and just randomly patched it up with the maroon fabric on the main shirt. It would've got a 1 if it wasn't for the comfortable and nice-looking collar.


Brentford: 8 
Simple isn't always bad. I'm not too overly keen on the sleeves, but the rest all looks quite good. Equal stripes: check. A pretty nice collar: check. It is just generally solid. While it is quite similar to a lot of previous kits, I still think it is individual enough to be worth checking out if you are a Brentford fan. I also don't like how the sponsor looks, but there's not much the kit designers could have done about who the sponsor was and they did pretty well not to let it ruin the shirt.


Brighton: 8
This is really good. Last season the kit designers really screwed up and the players looked like they had just stopped off at the stadium on their way to church. The kit designers really used the sponsor well and it actually puts a bit of character into the shirt that it may not have had without it. Overall, a really good shirt.


Chelsea: 1  
It doesn't need a pattern, and it certainly doesn't need two. The yellow doesn't work at all. The Hyundai on the arm is annoying. I've actually noticed that Nike kits are generally not that good, and this realization started after the deterioration of kit quality when they took over Liverpool's kits from New Balance.


Everton: 9 
I actually like this one quite a lot. A bit like the Man City kit from last season, I think people will generally have quite strong feelings about it, but I think the pattern makes the kit more interesting without being too complex and compromising it like the Chelsea one. While I don't really like the yellow, it isn't overly used, so the kit gets a really good 9.


Leeds: 2
It's really bad. I know from personal experience that buttons are really uncomfortable. The hems make it look like a cheap rip-off you would buy at the side of the road. The white is already bright enough without yellow accents. And they didn't even screw up by making it too complex, it was the basics of every football kit.


Leicester: 4 
At least they tried, but James Maddison's face says it all. All the basics are done right, and the colours don't look bad at all, but the pattern is confusing and too complicated and intricate for a football kit. It is also not the kind of kit associated with Leicester, as their kits are generally nice and simple.


Liverpool: 2
That. Orange. Makes. Me. Want. To. Throw. Up. Who decided that red in any way went well with orange. And if you're going to pick orange, at least pick a shade that doesn't make it look like someone used the edges to wipe up a cat feces smoothie. While the lines look smart and it doesn't look like you'd be in discomfort wearing it, the orange drags it all the way down to two.


Manchester City: 4  
I've never liked baby blue much, but adding that white under the arms makes it look even worse. It definitely isn't as bad as many of the others on this list, but it gets a just-below-average for me.


Newcastle: 2 
Again, the buttons are bad. They also interfere with the stripe, because it cuts into it in a not-too-nice way. But it should nonetheless be a good kit, a solid 6 or 7 out off ten. Then there's the sponsor. I really like the simplistic middle stripe, but not only does the sponsor clash with the color scheme, but it also make the stripe completely lopsided. It looks like the kit designers had no idea what the sponsor would look like, and just hoped for the best.


Norwich: 7 
It's actually a really solid Norwich shirt. Let me also just say that they picked a good sponsor, as I actually think the shirt would be worse without it. So yeah, a solid 7 from me.


Southampton: 5  
I am really torn on this one. I can't decide whether or not I like the collar. I am also undecided on the arrow pattern. One thing I can say, however, is that I don't like the main sponsor or sleeve sponsor. I guess I'll just give it a five.


Tottenham: 4
It's as if they got the start template ready and then forgot to actually work on it, and when release day rolled around they just decided to leave it as it was. They didn't do anything terribly wrong, but that's mostly just because they didn't really do anything at all. And guess what, it's another terrible Nike kit. I'm disappointed.


West Ham: 7 
Yeah, its pretty solid. Umbro are generally doing a good job with the kits. There are a few to many stripes, especially around the sleeves, but there isn't anything badly wrong with it. It is also very different from last year's one, and that is always an added bonus.


Wolves: 8 
What can I say, it's a pretty nice kit. They haven't gone with the simplistic style recently, so it isn't like Tottenham, who frequently have to put up with simple styles. It looks really clean and the black accents are used to perfect effect.


There we go. Had a bit of a rough day, but I did finally manage to squeeze this out for you guys. I hope you all enjoyed and I will see you when next I post. Bye! Noah :(

Comments

  1. The kit designers seem to realise the kit needs more contrasting colour but then proceeds to put the worst colours in the weirdest places (such as the collar, a frequently mentioned example).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its a bit weird really. I think Nike in particular needs to hire some new kit designers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Revised History of Ekrizdis, the Evilest Wizard Ever

Real Survivor: The Fox, the Bear, the Goat and the Bunny

Survivor 41 Cast: Most Similar Player - Part 2