Euros Matchday 2 Predictions

While my group predictions already look pretty bad, especially after my two dark horses Turkey and Hungary both lost 3-0 (how do you defend well the entire game and then concede 3 goals in 8 minutes right at the end). Despite this, I will valiantly go on, failing horribly at every turn, before I finally give up. So let's look at the upcoming matchday and try to predict what the result of each fixture will be.



Finland 1-3 Russia

Finland are at their first major tournament, and while this is a heroic achievement, you cannot pretend they are in that upper echelon of national teams yet. While Russia have gotten worse since the 2018 World Cup, they are still undoubtedly the better team, and should win the game comfortably, with Finland's goal only being a consolation goal when Russia are 2-0 up.



Turkey 3-1 Wales

I am going to stick by my prediction that Turkey will top the group, and seeing aside Wales should not be a difficult task for them. I say Wales will strike first from a set piece, but Turkey to score soon afterwards, before a tap-in early in the second half. Then a beautiful goal right at the end secures the result.



Italy 1-1 Switzerland

Italy are a very good team, but I predicted them to come in behind Turkey and I will stick to that. They should strike first somewhere in the first half via Ciro Immobile, but after failing to grab a second they will concede late to Breel Embolo against the run of play.



Ukraine 2-0 North Macedonia

Ukraine are a good team, and up against North Macedonia they shouldn't struggle too much. They will probably control the game, and while North Macedonia will find the back of the net it will be ruled out for offsides. This result should help Ukraine progress from third, as long as they can get a draw with Austria.



Denmark 1-2 Belgium

After Belgium go 2-0 up, Denmark manage to grab a goal. Kasper Schmeichel and the Danish defense keeps Denmark in it with a few good saves, but Belgium ultimately take the three points. Romelu Lukaku with 2 goals that help him towards the Golden Boot.



Netherlands 3-1 Austria

Austria are a strong team and they take the lead and control the first half, with Netherlands just managing to grab a goal late in the half. However, after some changes to the tactics and a few substitutions, Netherlands take control of the second half and score twice. Yes, I'm predicting a smart tactical move by a man who's name means Obvious the Farmer. There's a first time for everything.



Sweden 1-0 Slovakia

Slovakia managed to overcome Poland, but I think Sweden will get the result and stay defensively rugged, allowing their forwards to attack freely. Despite this, I think a defender or midfielder will be the scorer of the game's only goal. Probably not going to be a super exciting game to watch.



Croatia 2-0 Czech Republic

After doing brilliantly to beat Scotland, I think the Czechs will fall at the hands of Croatia, and will therefore end bottom. After they lose to England I think they will be unlucky to come bottom on three points behind Scotland and Croatia on four.



England 2-3 Scotland

I am a huge fan of England, don't get me wrong. As most of you will know by know, I follow the Premier League religiously. However, most of you will also know I am a Liverpool fan. And who, you may ask, is the captain of the Scots? Andy Robertson. Scotland are a really good team who are capable of surprises. I don't like a predictions post without surprises. I think what it will come down to is who wants it more. And unless Scotland beat England, they are almost certainly not going to the knockouts.



Hungary 1-0 France

I said Hungary would go through, and to do this they need to win. I said France in third, so Hungary to grind out a 1-0 against the World Champions in a pretty exciting match with lots of smart defensive play from Hungary just about countering the attacking talent of France, with Peter Gulacsi's defense keeping it together against a young and explosive France. 



Portugal 1-4 Germany

In the tightly-fought group of death, I predicted Germany to come out on top, and beating Portugal with a crucially good goal difference will be crucial if they wish to do this. Germany go in front, Portugal equalize and then Germany run the rest of the game.



Spain 1-1 Poland

In a fairly frustrating fixture all round, Poland and Spain have a draw. Morata scores early on, and Lewandowski scores a beautiful goal soon afterwards. However, from then on the game in defined by a bunch of missed opportunities. 



So there we have it, my Matchday 2 Predictions. I'm still annoyed after the Hungary game, but I hope you all have a good day further. Please comment below on what I should do next. You can find me on Twitter or Instagram (details in my blog description) where I notify you when I post (I will also be sending out some drawings on my Instagram soon) and please support me by considering purchasing my book, To Be In Gen Z: Notes On Gen Z From The Inside Out (details in some of my previous posts). See you when next I post! Noah ;_;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Revised History of Ekrizdis, the Evilest Wizard Ever

Real Survivor: The Fox, the Bear, the Goat and the Bunny

Survivor 41 Cast: Most Similar Player - Part 2